Brown Girls Books is looking for writers to be in their next anthology! Do you have what it takes? Read below to find out more…
By: Jason Frost
When Brown Girls Books put out a call for The Dating Game and The Ex-Chronicles anthologies, we had over 800 people send in submissions.
Well, we’re doing it again! This time, we’re looking for stories about single mothers attempting to get their “date” on.
Single Mama Dating Drama will not be a book full of sad love stories. We’re looking for riveting, funny, dramatic, thought-provoking, or heartwarming fictional short tales about mothers re-entering the dating scene or mothers who have been dating for some time, but haven’t met the new Mr. Right or even Mr. Right Now yet. Be creative! We’re looking for the best of the best!
This is perfect whether you’re a seasoned, new, or aspiring writer…
or just want to try your hand at story-telling.
• Original short stories must be between 2,000-3,500 words.
• Non-paid, but extensive promotion and exposure of your work, including previously published and upcoming titles.
• All stories must center around the single mother dating theme.
• Do not submit stories that contain erotica, profanity, vulgar language or sexually explicit materials.
• While this is a short story, we are very particular about the craft of writing; so all stories should have a beginning, middle, and end. The ending should leave the reader wanting more, but not frustrated with a ‘well, what happened next’ because the ending was left wide open.
• All stories should have a title and byline at the top, be written in Microsoft Word, double-spaced, indented paragraphs, 12 pt. Times New Roman (*PDF files will NOT be accepted)
• Only 10-15 submissions will be selected.
• Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 1st (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Winners Notified by March 30th